THE legacy of brave Euan Macrae from Tain lives on.
Euan lost his battle against cancer in 2007, aged 16. But every year since his death people have staged a bike ride to raise money for CLIC Sargent.
In this week's North Star we have a two-page picture special from the event which had a Harry Potter theme for 2012 and there are some wizard pictures among them.
Also in this week's North Star:
* Alness kids have graduated from their Summer Reading Scheme - picture.
* A row has blown up over plans to erect four wind turbines near Dingwall.
* Yachtsman Gerry Beard's dramatic account of his voyage back from Iceland to Wester Ross and how he thought he was going to die.
* Two Ross-shire men are facing jail sentences after police smashed a gang peddling drugs in the Highlands.
* Lots of cash to be won - £500 in our Hospice Lucky Numbers competition and £100 worth of fashion vouchers to be spent in the Eastgate Centre in Inverness.
* Plus lots more news, pictures and sport in this week's North Star.