WHEN Inverness woman Louise Branagan woke up in hospital with a stoma bag attached to her abdomen, she openly admits it led to her experiencing suicidal thoughts.
Published: Fri 15 Mar 2013
MUIRTOWN Primary School has spent a day out and about in the Highlands learning about where their food comes from and how it gets from the fields to the plate to mark International School Meal's Day on March 8.
Published: Thu 28 Feb 2013
ONCE upon a time, the heart-warming story of pack of Siberian Huskies and their bond with a man trying to trace his family past in Alaska was the plot of a classic Disney film, Snow Dogs.
THERE are plenty of signs that the summer has moved on and that wildlife is anticipating the winter, let alone the current autumn.
With over 5,300 likes on our Facebook page, the Highland News Group is reaching a global audience. We have far-flung friends in 20 countries, including 93 in the United States and 42 down under in Australia.
NORTHERN Ireland is a great place to visit; full of surprises - good surprises.
THIS shot of Eilean Donan Castle in Wester Ross at sunset was taken by Craig Urquhart, 22 Windsor Place, Conon Bridge, and is the readers' Picture of the Month for JUly. It now goes forward to our Picture
THIS shot of a Hercules C130 aircraft out on a training exercise in the Highlands is our readers' picture of the month winner for June.
A series of sunsets from around the Highlands are our pictures of the week from readers. See this week's Highland New, North Star and Lochaber News for details of a super new contest coming soon.
LOOK carefully can you see a rock "face" in this rockface at Glen Affric in our latest readers' picture of the week?
TWO delightful shots of the recent spectacular Northern Lights show over the Highlands are our pictures of the week from readers. North Focus is your chance to have one of your top shots published. Keeping
TWO quirky wildlife shots are our pictures of the week from readers.
AN atmospheric sunset over the island of Eigg is this week's top shot from readers.
A view of Loch Ness from Dores is our readers' picture of the week.
- Earl of Seafield sidesteps referendum public debate challenge
- Alistair Darling heading back to Inverness
- Scots won't be punished for no vote, claims Alexander
- Council workers banned from putting Yes No stickers on their own cars
- Police probe intimidation claims by Better Together activisits
- Rothes 1 Buckie Thistle 3 and Fort William 3 Huntly 3
- Staggies make treble deadline swoop
- Feis Ross musicians set for Blas-t off!
- Woman's body found in Highland loch
- Gardyne deal done on loan from Dundee United
- Staggies' standing plans hinge on Celtic bid
- North man injured after attack by his own dog
- Film shot in Black Isle to receive special screening
- Falkirk will face Rangers or ICT - plus full Scottish League draw
- Lennon and Butcher among favourites for Ross County hotseat
- Nicola Sturgeon cancels Ross-shire visit
- Four for court on alleged drugs charges after police swoop
- Police appeal for woman missing from Alness
- Highland Council bin uplifts could be cut to every three weeks
- Ross shinty club nets £50,000 award