SPONSORED - FLU is much worse than a bad cold and can make even healthy people very unwell. The best defence against flu is this year's vaccine.
Published: Thu 05 Nov 2015
SPONSORED - IS your child aged between two and five years old and not yet in school? If so, you can now book an appointment with your GP practice for your child to be vaccinated against flu.
Published: Sat 31 Oct 2015
THREE open heart surgeries, a killer infection and a leg amputation are just some of the health problems a 20-year-old Inverness-shire man has had to overcome so far.
PART of the satisfaction of writing this column is the reaction from readers, which range from identification problems to comments about wildlife. Interestingly the subject that crops up more than any other is about one of the rarest mammals in the UK - the pine marten.
OUR North Focus Picture of the Year winner for 2015 was Laura Wilson, from Ballachulish, with this unusual shot od her dog Thai swimming in the River Coe in Glencoe. Laura won a Panasonic DMC-G6KEB-K camera
APRIL'S North Focus readers' picture of the month is this this shot of the flooded Glenfinnan monument looking down Loch Shiel after heavy rain by Duncan MacLeod, 1 Victoria Road, Fort William. So many
OUR picture of the month for March was this moody shot of the Standing Stones of Callanish on Isle of Lewis by James Boundy, Culloden.
February's North Focus readers' picture of the month is this fun shot of Fin the Cocker Spaniel playing in the snow in the garden of Susan Cameron, Craggie Lodge, Daviot East, Inverness.
THIS stunning wildlife picture by Angie MacLeod, Faillie house, Faillie Bridge, Daviot, by Inverness, of a dolphin catching and playing with a salmon at Chanonry Point on the Black Isle is our readers' picture of the month for January.
This stunning lansdscape of Buachaille Etive Mor in Glencoe, by Scott Robertson, 8 Lochy Crescent, Inverlochy, Fort William, was out December winner in our North Focus camera contest.
This blue tit flying out of the nest box in the garden was taken by Caroline Allan, 10a Ballifeary Road, Inveness, and is the November winner of our North Focus camera contest. The competition givs you
OCTOBER'S picture of the month was this unusual shot by Laura Wilson, The Croft, West Laroch, Ballachulish, who said: "Enjoying the sun, I took my dog Thai for a swim in the River Coe in Glencoe and managed
- Police warning after 1800-litre diesel theft
- Dingwall man fined for heroin possession
- Kiltarlity woman sold fake goods to the 'vulnerable'
- Second new Ross-shire distillery plan
- Coigach and Assynt land £3m heritage boost
- Ross County lose grip on Betfred Cup after shock defeat at Alloa Athletic
- Vigurs nets hat-trick as Caley Thistle put five past unlucky Dunfermline
- Scots mountain group rebrands after 50 years
- Motorists warned of disruption on A9
- Encore as piper Brighde makes Highland Tattoo return
- Dingwall man jailed for attempted rape
- Police appeal after 'deliberate' shooting of cow
- Rio role for two Highland doctors
- Tain Royal Burgh all set for Princess's visit
- Highland landscape helps lure NHS staff
- Emotional milestone for Ross mums group
- Old Tain shop gets new community role
- Ross man sexually assaulted teen girl
- Caley Thistle v Ross County legends game for Allie can score for charity
- Ross County lose out on penalties against Raith Rovers in Betfred Cup