A FORMER Inverness photographer has put himself firmly in the who's who for Doctor Who buffs around the world.
I CAN recall the first time, many years ago, that I saw my first pine marten and it made a lasting impression on me.
With over 5,300 likes on our Facebook page, the Highland News Group is reaching a global audience. We have far-flung friends in 20 countries, including 93 in the United States and 42 down under in Australia.
Ron Smith takes a break within the UK, letting the train take the strain in heading for Canterbury which proves a treasure trove of unique buildings and experiences .......
APRIL'S North Focus readers' picture of the month is this this shot of the flooded Glenfinnan monument looking down Loch Shiel after heavy rain by Duncan MacLeod, 1 Victoria Road, Fort William. So many
OUR picture of the month for March was this moody shot of the Standing Stones of Callanish on Isle of Lewis by James Boundy, Culloden.
February's North Focus readers' picture of the month is this fun shot of Fin the Cocker Spaniel playing in the snow in the garden of Susan Cameron, Craggie Lodge, Daviot East, Inverness.
THIS stunning wildlife picture by Angie MacLeod, Faillie house, Faillie Bridge, Daviot, by Inverness, of a dolphin catching and playing with a salmon at Chanonry Point on the Black Isle is our readers' picture of the month for January.
This stunning lansdscape of Buachaille Etive Mor in Glencoe, by Scott Robertson, 8 Lochy Crescent, Inverlochy, Fort William, was out December winner in our North Focus camera contest.
This blue tit flying out of the nest box in the garden was taken by Caroline Allan, 10a Ballifeary Road, Inveness, and is the November winner of our North Focus camera contest. The competition givs you
OCTOBER'S picture of the month was this unusual shot by Laura Wilson, The Croft, West Laroch, Ballachulish, who said: "Enjoying the sun, I took my dog Thai for a swim in the River Coe in Glencoe and managed
September's readers picture of the month was this red deer sky by Dougie Hamilton, Creagan Cottage, 4 Resaurie, Inverness. Our North Focus readers' photos competition gives you the chance to have one of
- Pine marten move could contain a bite
- Wide man White is latest find for Fort William
- New arrivals added to shore up Ross County back line
- Dores open up summer run for Nairn
- Keeper in sight as Clach seek signings
- Champions Newtonmore looking to move clear of rivals
- Richard Foster is one of three Ross County signings
- Polworth eyes targets in friendly test against Caley Thistle
- Caley Thistle trialists score in friendly win at Clach
- Ross pupils shine in Neil Gunn Writing Competition
- BREAKING NEWS: Woman killed in Easter Ross car crash
- Fatal Ross car crash victim believed to be local
- One person badly hurt in road accident near Tain
- Teenager dies in West Highland road accident
- Invergordon girl's favour for ex proved costly
- Highland fiddle legend inspires Ross teenagers
- Commando named as A9 fatal crash victim
- New Highland Council team tackles £46m deficit
- Everest climber to talk at four Ross dates
- Ullapool/Stornoway ferry strike to go ahead